Grading & Late Work Policy
Grading & Late Work Policy:
- The student will have a minimum of 8 daily grades (practices, independent assignments, homework) and 3 major grades (tests, projects)
- Daily Grades = 40% of the average
- Assessment/Major Grades= 60% of average
- Retesting/Redo: Students will be eligible to retest or redo an assignment if the mastery grade is below 70%. The student must set up a time and retake with the teacher within 5 days of the grade being passed back. The maximum grade allowed for replacement will be 70%, and the higher of the two grades will be taken.
- Late work: Late work will be accepted up to 3 days after the turn-in date. 10 points will be deducted for each day the assignment is late.
- Academic Dishonesty is NOT tolerated. Students who commit plagiarism by copying or borrowing another student’s homework, quiz, lab, test, etc. will receive a zero for the assignment and a referral to the Assistant Principal.